Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Handmade Natural Beauty Boutique Expands to Powell Place

 
In April 2012, I officially opened my expanded location within historic Powell Place in downtown La Crosse. My tiny location on 5th Ave. S. was a great start to "dip my toe into retail," but didn't offer the visibility or foot traffic I desired for my shop. The move to Powell Place, seats me right in the heart of downtown La Crosse, near several prominent hotels and the river. Already I've noticed a new clientele of tourists that I never had the opportunity to meet on 5th. Plus the established businesses of Painted Porch directly in front of me, Lillians around the corner, and Salon diAmci and E-Spa down the hall from me provide a nice destination for tourists and local shoppers alike looking to wander from shop to shop.
 
Having moved my soap kitchen to the back of my reatail space, provides me with the best usage of time in between helping customers... not to mention I can actually cook food at home now instead of having soap and lotion production taking over the kitchen!
 
Some new features of the shop include a "Blending Bar" where customers can select from a vast selection of fragrances and essential oils to order their own custom signature scented items I can mix on the spot for them. With the additional space I've also expanded my Handmade Natural Beauty line to include more cold process soaps including Soap Cupcakes, Kaolin Clay Luxury Swirl Soaps, Goats Milk Soaps, and Shower Tabs.  I also have included the same consignment artists I had on 5th with the addition of several more. Some of the consignment items include handmade jewelry, fused glassware, quilted purses and organizers, scarves and accessories and pottery. I'm open to considering new artists work that goes along the theme of my business... handmade first and formost... secondly if it is made from natural materials and goes along with beauty all the better!
 
Please stop in and visit the new location... 200 Main Street inside Powell Place, La Crosse, WI 54601. Phone is 608-782-SOAP (7627) and hours are Wed - Fri 10 am to 6 pm, Sat 10 am - 5 pm and open the same Sunday that Lillians is open (usually the first full weekend of the month). Please like me on facebook (Handmade Natural Beauty Boutique) for the latest updates!

No comments: