Friday, December 28, 2007

Introduction to Blogging

Welcome to my Blog! Getting into blogging has been something I've been encouraged to and have been wanting to do for some time now. Being a self-employed single mom chasing after a 6 year old, somethings stay on the To Do List for longer than I would like! In any case, I'm ready to begin blogging! Yay!

So, now what to blog about? I tried to think of a good title or direction for my blog - especially given that I'm not really sure which direction this blog will take. I had a lot of topics to choose from that I could certainly ramble on and on about... lets explore some ideas - it will serve as an introduction to some of the multi-facets of my world...

My main business is Handmade Natural Beauty, a bath and body company. I make, market and sell natural bath and body products including soaps, lotions, lip balms, bath salts and much more. So I could offer natural beauty tips, relaxation, aromatherapy methods, etc.

I'm also a graphic designer/marketing professional and run a small marketing/design service called Direct Design Solutions. I could offer topics on the importance of branding, finding a good designer/printer, and more.

I have a background in modeling, attending the John Casablancas Modeling & Career Center as a teenager, worked with photographers to create my portfolio, was listed with agencies and did some work. This mainly led to a strong love of the field, working on projects with a friend who owns a modeling agency and starting a fashion photography service. This small biz I launched and ran when I was in college earning my minor in Photography. I only recently resurrected it, Model Image Talent. There are a whole range of topics I could contribute on this topic... how to break into modeling, choosing a photographer, how to get listed with an agency, types of photos for your portfolio, etc.

I also spent years in the corporate world before venturing out to do my own thing. I could certainly come up with an array of topics. This may turn bitter though, so maybe we should not go there, lol. Maybe more the differences of being your own boss, working from home, prioritizing, maintaining focus, etc.

Then there is my personal life - raising my son on my own, the challenges and joys of single parenthood, dating and relationships, specifically online dating which is a world of its own let me tell you! Well, I'm not sure how much drama we'll get into, you'll just have to wait and see, lol! You'll be surprised with me, as I enter into this world of blogging and see just where it will take us! Welcome... to the Thoughts and News From Angie's World.

No comments: